Saturday, January 5, 2013

Winter


I love the feel of a warm fire on a winter's day...
The smell of coffee throughout the old country house.
I love the feeling that I get when I sit at my large, old desk,
next to the fire,
on an early winter morn.
The comfort,
and the safety of home in the countryside.
The winter walks that I take around the field road with the dogs...
Old flannel shirts,
my favorite old soft jeans,
and my very old boots...
The smell of vegetable soup cooking on the stove.
Winter allows us time to come inside and slow down.
Slow down with a book,
a cup of hot tea, coffee, mulled wine,
and the old cashmere wrap.
I love the feel of the old wool rug under my feet,
as I do my yoga.
I don't mind the early night time..
It's the perfect excuse to light scented candles every night.
Winter is a time for thinking...
Dreaming...
Planning...
Organizing...
It is also a time for the new season of Downtown Abbey!
I am truly loving the wintertime at our country house...
This is also the time of year to look through all the seed and plant magazines.
I could stay lost in my thoughts, dreams, and books all winter long...
May you have a cozy and blessed winter...

Yaya

No comments: