Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Walk Around The Country House

It's a springtime Sunday afternoon
The sun is shinning
The birds are singing
It is a beautiful day in the old South
What a lovely day for a country walk.........



Oh look! A yellow rose in the garden waiting just for me!



Along the path of pretty roses.







Oh pretty lady of the garden, what might you tell me? "Yes, I know about the weeds," said I.






Lovely Azalea blooms making their final show.






Come along...come along.







This is the true meaning of, "a long row to hoe".









......and winding and winding along....








.....and along the old field road we go. I had a few brown paper bag lunches under that tree when Grandaddy had those fields full of cotton.











Did you hear that?










Hold up! I think I'm on to something here....it is the scent of a strange dog!












Little Prince Jagello (Jag for short) smelling the ivy.













Would you hurry please! I need to get to the water bowl!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The yard looks so beautiful and full of blooms.

Anonymous said...

Your writings and pictures of the old country home are just wonderful and beautiful, YaYa. They reminded of my own grandparents' homes and so many happy memories. They also made me sad for all that is now gone. Thank you for your great blog. grannyv.