Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More Rambling Thoughts From The Country House

The spring air makes you want to get outside and plant a garden or flowers or maybe a new shrub bed...An herb garden would be nice. I started one inside the back courtyard several years ago but haven't had time to care for it and add to it. Tomorrow I am making a trip into town and I plan on stopping at the nursery to see what I can find. Today I must finish cutting the grass....Yesterdayit crossed my mind that I could probably walk off five pounds while pushing the push mower and I could also get some sun and work on my tan. Well that is exactly what I did but I only cut half of the yard so today I must finish. Don't you just love the smell of fresh cut grass? Lately, I have been reading a gardening book looking for ideas and inspiration. I think I have found it! Small gardens here and there...like rooms...and each little garden has a different meaning.
The Love Garden
Roses
Yarrow
Vervain
Violets
Lavender
Rosemary
Basil
Lemon Balm
Lovage
The Pizza Garden
Oregano
Basil
Thyme
Roma or cherry tomatos in hanging baskets
Garlic
Small onions
Kitchen Herb Garden
Garlic
Basil
Chives
Dill
Lemon Verbena
Mint
Parsley
Rosemary
Tarragon
Thyme
Fennel
Lovage
Cilantro
A moonlight garden would be wonderful also. Plant only flowers and flowering shrubs and small trees that have all white blooms. Can you imagine the beauty of a moonlight garden under the light of a full moon?!

I just know the two cute little rabbits in the front yard would LOVE a nice garden.
Thought For The Day
We have the power to design the world in which we live, and the strength to remake ourselves in the image of our dreams.
****Yaya****

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna, I love your blog. Its very beautiful and refreshing!! Keep it going. Felicia