Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inspiring Tidbits

Lilly Pulitzer says, "If you save your best china, crystal and silver for special occasions, make breakfast in bed an occasion". I decided a long time ago that I would use all of the good things everyday. It fills each day with that special feeling. I love sipping a glass of wine from my best crystal stem glasses.
Don't you just love the headboard!?! And just look at all of those cushions. Now I feel better about the many cushions I have on every bed. And, isn't she so very lovely. Even though this was years ago, I still love the style. The classic shift dress is something I collect and continue to wear. It's the perfect thing to have in the closet if someone calls up for lunch. Step into the shift dress, pull hair back with a fabric twist, brush on a little bronzer blush, mascara, lipstick...loop earrings and a splash of Joy. Slip into a darling pair of sandles and you are out the door in minutes. Toenails are always painted, of course. Don't forget the bangles and a big ring or two.
Photographs by Ben Fink for "Essentially Lilly"


Two of my favorite things....a box of Country House bath herbs and the "Essentially Lilly" book.











A little pampering for the lady of the house. Wonderful scented herb bags. They are so easy to make. Use material for wedding rice bags...cute into a square and fill with your favorite herbs. Tie and toss into your bath water. I have Lemon Balm, Lavender, Mint and Rosemary in my little courtyard herb garden. There is nothing more relaxing.




A few rambling thoughts from the country house.....
The art of being good to yourself.....
If you ever forget how beautiful you are, call me up and I will tell you.....
How you feel about yourself affects everything that you do.....



BLESSINGS.....
*****Yaya*****



No comments: