Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Fragrance Of May

The month of May in all of its glory brings us pretty blooms, wild and beautiful. As I take my daily walk around the country house, I breathe deeply and take in the scent of spring. The trees have dressed themselves in green and the air is full of elusive fragrances. I am finding that I actually enjoy 'talking to a stump'. It seems to listen to everything I say.
Even the old wooden fence seems to come to life with vine and beauty.


Oh little tree growing wild...How beautiful you must be beneath the light of a full moon.

Pretty purple flowers, wild and free...I don't mind you being here blooming just for me.



Walk through an orchard or near a meadow filled with honeysuckle and breathe, just breathe. There is nothing like the sweet smell that fills the air.





I love this old wild rose bush. It bloomed for my great-grandmother, my grandmother and now for me. Pretty little rose bush, full of pink buds, how old must you be? Is there something to be learned from you? I think so. True beauty is ageless and lives on and on...such as the beauty of one's spirit.



Flowers of gold and birdsong.
Is that a sunbeam through the cloud?
Gifts of beauty are everywhere if only we take the time to see,
but there are those who would not even notice a sunset.
Thank you, our Lord, that is not me........Yaya..May 15, 2008.

****Yaya****





No comments: