Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Cold Rain, and Rustic Homemade Bread


The weather was bitter cold at the lake house in Kentucky,
and a winter storm warning was in effect.
Oh how I would have loved to stay and get snowed in,
but that was not to be.
So, we drove the winding back roads,
and returned to Nashville.
Bitter cold, and winter storm warning there, as well.
I needed to return to the Alabama country house before the winter storm arrived...
The highways in the Alabama and Tennessee hills are not where you need to be driving during a snow storm...
I packed up, and arrived at the country house one day before the storm arrived...


There is something about a storm...
It causes me to feel the need to bake, and cook...
It seems comforting, and cozy, I think.
I love the smell of fresh bread baking,
and a pot of soup on the stove.
Candles flickering...
Fireplaces burning...
Soft music playing...


The clouds are so grey,
and the candle light looks so pretty reflecting off crystal pieces.
The rustic bread is fresh out of the oven, and ready for a soft butter spread...
A glass of Merlot,
a bowl of soup,
all served in the den by the fire,
on little wooden tv tables with pretty white table cloths...

This is my Zen spot...

Everyday comforts...

Making home a haven...

Blessings,
Yaya

No comments: