Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow



Oh the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....
Here in the deep South it is heavy rain.
I love hearing the rain pour down on the metal roof
of the old country house.
I wanted to stay in my flannel pajamas
and snuggle deep into our wonderful featherbed
and pull the down-filled blanket up to my head.
The delicious smell of coffee coming from the kitchen
and the alarm clock that sounds like churchbell and chimes
told me it was time to get up and get busy.
Christmas is almost here
and there is much to do.
Pies, cookies and cakes to bake,
and yeast bread too.
Casseroles to mix
and gifts to wrap....
and company is on their way!
Have a great weekend, y'all.

Blessings
*****Yaya*****

No comments: