Monday, January 18, 2016

Winter...A Time of Rest


Winter...
A time to slow down...Twilight comes early,
and the setting winter sun drops into a cold dark night.
It is 14 degrees in Nashville, and 6 degrees at our Kentucky lake house.
We left the city on Friday, and drove the winding, country back road toward 
Lake Malone...My haven...a place of solitude...
We arrive...unload...get the fire going, and supper, too.
Candles flicker throughout the house...
We have a glass of Merlot while waiting on supper,
and we listen to the silence...
Such peace, I cannot describe.
The ducks come into our cove often,
and I felt as if they were welcoming us to this beautiful place of tranquility.
I walk to the edge of the lake with food for the ducks,
and in turn,
they stay awhile and allow me to get many beautiful pictures.
They linger, as do I....soaking in the peace, the quiet, the soul soothing, mystic feel...
I am ready to wrap myself in cashmere, and flannel...Oh so soft and snuggle warm...
I am ready to sip hot mulled wine, and read,
while listening to beautiful cello music...
And I am ready to sit by the fire,
and do absolutely nothing.
Or, maybe I will knit...
Or paint...oil on canvas...yes...the ducks!
Or maybe I will write...
Whatever I do,
it will nourish the senses...

A few rambling thoughts from the lake house...

Be your own kind of beautiful...

Build a beautiful life...

Listen carefully to the sounds that bring you joy...

Winter allows you time to slow down...Isn't it wonderful?!

Winter Blessings,
Yaya

No comments: