Friday, February 26, 2016

Spring Cleaning List...


Spring cleaning, and spring fever go hand in hand...
With the warmer weather,
I want to clean,
and clean,
and clean...
As we pack up the Nashville house,
and prepare to return to the country house,
I'm ready to get home and start spring cleaning...
I was reviewing our tenant agreement for the rental house in Nashville,
and thought its move-out list was a good beginning for any spring cleaning list...


All cabinets, kitchen and bathroom, thoroughly cleaned...inside and out.
Thoroughly clean stove eyes, stove hood, inside oven, dishwasher,
and refrigerator...inside and out, including top and underneath...
All ceiling fans cleaned...top and bottom of fan.
All light bulbs in working order.
Bathrooms thoroughly cleaned including commode base, and mirrors...
Baseboards, window seals, mini blinds, doors, and walls thoroughly wiped down,
and cleaned...
Carpets shampooed and all floors thoroughly cleaned...
Fireplace cleaned...
All air conditioner unit vent area cleaned and filter changed...
Must have new filter.
Water heater cleaned...top and bottom.
All glass storm doors, and mirrors cleaned.

I thought it was a good list to use for the beginning of home spring cleaning...
along with my own personal list...

Windows washed...
Decks washed...
Porches and outside furniture painted...
Thresholds scrubbed...
Closets organized and cleaned...
The list could go on and on and on...

Do you ever get it ALL finished?
Do you ever find yourself with absolutely nothing to do?

Food for thought...

Make home life a priority...
The power of order...being organized, and clean.
An extraordinary life begins at home...
It's so much easier to keep a neat and tidy house clean.
Don't put it down, put it away.
Chaos does not invite peace.
30 days of cleaning...
It will be Monday through Friday.
I need weekends off.

Happy Cleaning...

Blessings,
Yaya


3 comments:

Marcie said...

It is funny that I read this post today. Yesterday I began spring cleaning, and decided to type out a "master cleaning list" as I went, room by room. This farm house is not the easiest place to keep clean - for one thing we heat with wood, which involves a lot of mess - so having a plan really helps!

I hope you are well... and that spring is peeking out where you are.

Dee at The Carlton said...

Oh my word Yaya - I feel exhausted just reading your list.

I work 4 days a week & I completely agree with your comment

~It's so much easier to keep a neat and tidy house clean~

I keep on top of things each day or they just snowball & become unmanageable & a huge job.

Have a good week.

asouthernsunset said...

I have neglected my blog terribly while moving from the Nashville house, and returning to the country house. I have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, which led to painting, caulking, moving furniture, and turning my country house upside down...but it will come back together, and be fresh and clean for spring. Thank you, Dee and Marcie, for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Blessings,
Yaya