Saturday, July 25, 2015

Summer Days on an Island...


I have soaked up the southern sun, the salt air, and the sea mist...
I feel sun kissed...
My soul is tranquil and at peace...
I have played in the sand with grandangels...
We have laughed, read, enjoyed the freshest seafood...
Walked the beach at sunset...
I have cleaned the island cottage...
It smells like tropical flowers, and salt air...
My lemon trees are loaded,
and the oleander is so beautiful and pink...
I keep fresh cuttings of rosemary in my kitchen...
It grows by the steps, and when it rains,
the air is like none other.
I love my island and its magic.



I do not want to leave,
but I must.
I have been here since June,
and it is time to close the pink shutters...
Pink shutters made of Spanish cedar...
They match the pink oleander...
I am packed,
and all is in order to say my goodbyes...
I always leave a piece of my heart here at my beloved Lemon Tree Cottage,
but I shall return soon....soon...
I will miss my books....oh so many special books here at the cottage...
I always miss my oil paintings....they are like souls that lift my spirits when I look at them...
I will miss everything, but only for awhile...
And when I return, it will be as wonderful as the first time.
Magical...
Healing...
Tranquil...

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
The Wounded Starfish
Betty Carolyn Hearon-Love

I am so thankful for my God given blessings...

Blessings to all of you...
Yaya

No comments: