Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Island Dreams


I imagine in my dream
that I have arrived at the old cottage by the sea...
Just me...
The dogs...
The sea gulls call...
The waves splash, and ocean spray mists my hair...
The days are easy...lazy...restful...
No stress...
Just peaceful silence...
I read...
I sleep...
I rest and heal from the fast lane of life.
We have an island cottage, although not the one in my dream...
 I love it so...It brings me such pleasure.
My Lemon Tree Cottage...
It is a faded green with pink shutters,
surrounded by lemon trees,
grapefruit trees,
orange trees and pink oleander.
It is in the old village of our island off the coast of Alabama.
It is my love...
My soul soothing balm...
We all need a retreat...
Even if it is a corner in the back yard...
That peaceful, silent place of rest and relaxation...

Blessings,
Yaya





No comments: