Saturday, September 15, 2012

Playing With Light







With camera in hand,
I wanted to capture the early morning light
as it came through the kitchen window,
and the open iron window in the center courtyard...
There was such  quiet...
No noise.
Just birdsong.
I found myself lost in thought as I walked through the old casita...
Thinking of those who have spent time here...
Another time, but the same place.
I found a photograph in the casita of an artist that lived and worked here.
Oh so many  years ago he stood at the gate,
his gate,
but for this weekend,
our gate...
Ghostly images as I play with the camera...
And then the day passed,
and the late afternoon light fell on the mountains, and the old morada
behind the house...
I became enchanted with the light just as Georgia O'Keeffe did...

Blessings
Yaya

No comments: