Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday Night Dinner And A Movie

We are really trying to eat healthy...
So tonight we are using mushrooms instead of beef.
Place in skillet with some olive oil...
Medium high to get it started.
Smoother in onions...or not.
We happen to love onions.
We've been married for 39 years,
so it's okay to eat onions for dinner.
Add a little more oil over onions...
Cook for 5 minutes or so, and turn.


Slightly brown onions,
and cover.
Cook on medium low for about twenty minutes.

Add some soy sauce...
I just sprinkle a little all over...
Cook another five or ten minutes,
turning mushrooms once again.

Remove from skillet to plate.
Cover in vegetable cheese.
We love a really cheesy burger,
so I added two slices to each mushroom.

Top with the onions.
Cheese will melt from the heat of the onions.
I used corn dusted, whole grain Kaiser rolls,
homemade mayonnaise,
and a few tomato slices on each bottom bun.
Sprinkle with sea salt.
The mushroom burger is SO delicious,
and very filling.
I actually like them better than beef.
Okay, so dinner is ready,
a glass of burgundy is served,
and it's time for the movie.
Traveling Man,
my sweet husband,
decided on "Ronin".
Of course it must be action packed
if Traveling Man is going to watch it.
Here we have a freelancing former US intelligence agent
trying to track down a mysterious package
that is wanted by both the Irish and the Russians.
He, Traveling Man, enjoys the frantic car chase...
And yet another thunderous car chase...
And another!
Thank goodness it was filmed in Europe...
Much of it in Paris.

So I enjoyed the European scenery,
and he enjoyed the action.
All in all, it was a good Friday night,
but WHAT was in the case/package?!?
I asked Traveling Man that question,
because I thought I missed an important part of the movie,
but he said, "no one knows."
What? Really?
This explains why I do not waste much time watching movies.
Have a blessed weekend, y'all.
Yaya

No comments: