Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Cousin's Country Home


This home has such wonderful memories for me,
as I spent much time here as a 'child of the 60s'...
I sat at this table and enjoyed so many happy times,
and delicious food...
I remember being 16,
and having her spaghetti,
and the delicious homemade sauce...
Dessert...
Lemon Sawdust Pudding...
Memories,
etched in my mind forever...

38 years ago,
she gave me a wooden box filled with her favorite recipes...
All from scratch.
A collection I have used, and treasured, down through the years,
and will pass on to my daughters, and grand daughters...

On this winter evening,
we sat at the same table,
looked at pictures of long ago,
reminiscently,
sharing thoughts of days gone by...
It's supper time, y'all...
Her menu on this cold January night of the new year, 2012...
Crockpot Porkchops
Baked Potatos
Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Crisp Garden Salad
Homemade Biscuits, and Yeast Rolls
Homemade Chocolate Cobbler
A soul soothing country home,
with that special feeling of tranquility,
that can only be found in the countryside.
A happy house filled with family...
Enter the door,
and you find a blend of elegant,
graceful living
mingled with simplicity and country freshness.
Anyone who visits,
always has a desire to return.
When your home has a 'feel' of its own,
that is success!

Blessings
Yaya

No comments: