Thursday, December 1, 2011

Country French Comfort


Potato Leek Soup
A few splashes of olive oil into the skillet...
Wash and rough cut three leeks (white end),
and about two pounds of golden potatoes...
Toss into hot olive oil,
and slightly brown.
Add several pinches of Herbs de Provence...

After potatoes and leeks have slightly browned,
add enough good vegetable or chicken stock to cover.
Place lid on skillet and simmer until potatoes are soft and done.
Add a cup or so of cream or milk, and puree or mash.
A rustic loaf of country bread is perfect with this soup...
Serve with a nice glass of wine...
I love the comforts of France...
Merci...
Bon appetite...

Blessings
Yaya

2 comments:

Janie said...

YaYa, you have my mouth watering! I'm going to have to find some fresh Leeks! Hugs to you!

asouthernsunset said...

Aww, Janie, thank you. This soup is SO good. Unless you like it very brothy, you will want to add some thickner, or drain off some of the broth. I like mine thick, so I drained off the broth, mashed and added heavy cream. The French women make it very brothy, and drink only the broth...from "French Women Don't Get Fat"..Oh, and I think they leave out the potatoes!! LOL BTW...I LOVE my beautiful jewelry that you made!! Such treasured heirloom pieces! Thank YOU. Hugs to you, too.
Love,
Yaya