Sunday, November 21, 2010

Savouring Autumn

Mornings start slowly, but early,
with coffee and conversation...
Country life has a rhythm and heart all its own.
Some thirty miles out of town...
I love having a place to retreat from the hectic world.
Music fills the rooms,
and flows out onto the porch.
Sounds of Mozart or Chopin,
and so much more...music from around the world.
We play Rook...we read...sip hot mulled wine.




A home is where one puts all one's favorite things...
A home is where family gathers together for the holidays...
There is no place I would rather be,
than in the countryside
savouring autumn,
and waiting on the arrival of family
and
Thanksgiving.

Blessings
Yaya

2 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a perfect post! It's exactly right, and beautiful. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, I'm so happy to meet you here and read your blog. Your home sounds wonderful, and filled with love.

xo Lidy

asouthernsunset said...

Lidy,
Thank you for stopping in Beneath My Southern Sky, and leaving such a sweet comment. I visit your wonderful blog often, and will come again soon.
Blessings,
Yaya