Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tranquility In A Sunset


I am in need of a sunset...
The peace and tranquility that it brings to the soul...
Life has been so busy...
Sometimes we need to just slow down,
and go in search of a sunset.
Stop...
Look...
Feel...
Listen...
Relax...
Slow down...


Just taking a Sunday afternoon drive
along our narrow and quaint island roads
fills me with peace.

The old fort,
in all of its glory,
welcomes each sunrise...
Peace?
I think so...
but,
oh so many ghost...or so they say.
I always feel peace in the beauty...



Breathe....
There is nothing more soothing than salt air...
Salt air on a crisp winter day awakens the senses...



The sun is beginning to dip low in the western sky...
I think of another place on the island,
Known for its sunsets...
High on a dune,
over looking the Gulf of Mexico...
Come...
I will take you there...




One last look as the sun sets over the old fort,
and the east end of the island...
Not a sound...
Silence...
Just what I needed after such a lively Mardi Gras beginning...
Now, to the top of the dune...





Balance...
Yin...
Yang...
Pleasure...
Peace...
One without the other is not enough...
We need both...

Blessings
*****Yaya*****




No comments: