Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Another Christmas Come and Gone...























Another country Christmas,
with all the family gathered 'round...
The strong smell of cedar throughout the house...
Papa's tradition of going into the woods,
and cutting a live tree...
A tree-trimming party,
with the little ones decorating every branch...
Much food, laughter, good Italian wine,
and wonderful gifts...
The magic of Christmas,
such as it is...
Ohh to be a child at Christmastime...
Capturing beautiful memories,
and locking them away
for safe keeping...

Blessings
*****Yaya*****




5 comments:

Diane Willard Kaufman said...

I love your blog!!! just found this and will add to the blogs I follow ! Beautiful!!!!!

asouthernsunset said...

Diane, thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment and for visiting my lil' blog. I just came and peeked into your special place and LOVED it, too!! I'll be visiting you often and adding you to my blog roll!!
Yaya

Cloudhands said...

Sweet memories to be secured in the heart. I love the sepia tones that allowed me to give each picture just the right colors to fit my memories. The children are gloriously cute.

asouthernsunset said...

Aww, thank you, Cloudhands, for visiting, and for leaving a sweet compliment. Yes, I thought the sepia tone fit the 'memory' post of another Christmas.
Happy New Year!
Yaya

Marcie said...

Like my Mom (Cloudhands) I love the sepia tones of these photographs. How lovely! And I love your written summation of the bits and pieces that fit together to make a family Christmas. Beautiful!