Saturday, May 16, 2009

Summer Dreams

Deep in the heart of the South,
in the land of bayous, lowlands and barrier islands,
a little boy sits dreaming...


On a Southern summer's day,
what's better than a bowl of gumbo,
crabclaws and a catnap.





I hear the flutter of wings and feathers.
A pelican comes in for a landing.



Many summer afternoons are spent
soaking up the sun,
laughing and telling stories,
eating fresh seafood straight from the Gulf...
watching the boats and dreaming.





Blessings
*****Yaya*****



1 comment:

A Southern Rose said...

Hello, I'm from the South too. Mississippi. I'm just blog surfing tonight and ran across yours. I love it. I love the beach too and your blog brings back many memories from my past at the beach. Come visit sometimes. Lee Laurie at asouthernrose.blogspot.com