Sunday, May 10, 2009

Some Quiet Time


Sometimes I feel as if life gets faster
and faster...
As we get older,
one would think it should get slower...
It doesn't...
And then,
my soul begins to seek escape...
I need to sit on the beach
and listen to the seagulls...
Breathe the salt air,
look out across the ocean
and do nothing...
Nothing...


It is so soothing to place tired feet into warm sand...
and just sit,
doing nothing,
but feel the warm kiss of the sun...
How peaceful,
this restful slumber...
My senses are being put back in order...
The sound of the gentle waves
and the taste of a frozen coconut daiquiri
asure me that we are on
island time.



Mother Nature is inspiring enough,
but a few beautiful books
can send your dreams
over the rainbow...



I do believe this is my favorite place on earth...
Well, at least one of them.




Life just doesn't get better than this...





Blessings
Yaya





2 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

OOOooooooH! I simply LOVE it here!!! those pink toes in the sand . . . pure poetry. I absolutely love to read from the heart of one who adores the big~little~and~in-betweens of the life the Lord blessed her with.

I look forward to scrolling back through your dreamy cottage days at the beach and lazy front porch days at home. A very fine place to visit, indeed! : D

asouthernsunset said...

Thank you, Debbie, for taking the time to visit my lil' place beneath a Southern sky, and for your wonderful comment. That is so sweet of you.

I really enjoyed my visit to your special place and felt so moved and inspired. I will certainly visit you again. What a special place!

Many blessings!
Yaya