Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Southern Porch


Welcome to my country porch, my friend.
Old Southern porches
have been and still are,
places of laughter, family visits,
singing and dancing.
Here, deep in the South,
where yellow flowers bloom
and exotic fruit trees grow.
At my grandmother's house,
the peacefulness was extraordinary.
The wooden front porch,
stretching across the front...
The tin roof during a spring rain...
The flowers...
The birdsong...
The old ones sitting out on the porch,
on a Sunday afternoon...
We still use it just as the old ones did...

I have just finished reading
"A Bit Of Velvet & A Dash Of Lace"...
The fabulous interiors of Magnolia Pearls
old country home.
I love her Bohemian style.
It caused me to drag out old wool rugs
and place them on the porch.




As I walk across the porch,
I feel the warmth in the planks,
from the springtime sunshine.
I feel the breeze and smell wonderful smells coming from the kitchen.
I see her smiling...
Wearing an apron.
Chaos cannot reach me here.









Sitting in an outdoor space
bathed with pure breezes,
sunshine and moonbeams,
one can feel the universal power in every thing.
Create your outdoor space and connect with the peace of the universe.
Blessings
*****Yaya*****






4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

AAAhhhh....wonderful! Just give me a glass of sweet tea and I'm in heaven! Love your photos! I'm so happy to spend time here!

asouthernsunset said...

I am always so thrilled when someone drops by my little place beneath my Southern sky and leaves a comment. Thank you, for visiting and being so sweet. I enjoy your lovely and very special place, as well, and what an enchanting name...Lavender Dreamer. I love that.
Again, thank you, thank you. Do you want a slice of lemon with your tea?
Hugs,
Yaya

PS...I want to remember to add you to my favorite blogging list.

Unknown said...

Lovely words and photos!
I'm inspired!

Cheers,
Mary

The Duchess said...

What a beautiful and magical porch! I wonder what one of those would look like on the front of my French house?lol I feel transported....Thanks!