Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Island Delights

Just being here is a delight...
Looking at my beloved paintings is a delight...
The feel of this tiny little house,
full of tropical whimsy,
is a delight...



My cats in the window
are a delight,
especially to the grandangels...




And this cute lil' thing
speaks of tropical times,
and tropical times
on an island
are always such a delight...
The birds are singing
and the lemon trees are in bloom.
The oyster shells crunch under foot as we take long walks...
The Spanish moss drapes from the goat trees
as we ride our bikes along their shaded paths...
I am always so island-smitten.
Tonight we will have homemade French Onion Soup
served with fresh French bread from the Light House Bakery.
We have come to the island for a few lazy, slow days,
but,
tomorrow we shall take the boat across the bay
and shop until we drop,
then have a glass of wine
and dine on the beach at Bahama Bob's.
I smell deeply and enhale the scent of island perfume
drifting through an open window.
These are just a few of my
'Island Delights'.





Blessings
*****Yaya*****



3 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ah, you have succeeded in making me long for the beach!

Marcie said...

How nice to get a glimpse of tropical whimsy, as winter drags on in the north. We had a bit of a thaw yesterday, but woke to heavy frost. We'll see what the day brings, but in the meantime, I am enjoying the abundance of color in this post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, y'all! I send wishes and delights of sunshine, yellow bells and buttercups.
Yaya