Monday, December 15, 2008

All Through The House






























The word Christmas calls up cherished memories.
Oh the happy anticipation...
I always experience the happy anticipation,
the memories and that wonderful longing for the magic of it all.
Christmas always has to do with the getting ready for,
as much as the day itself.
Preparations for the great day start way in advance.
It's a ritual here at the old country house.
Nothing is thrown together quickly.
I take my time and play with everything...
ribbons, pine garlands and cones, crystal and china.
Polishing until everything is all a glow.
I love the decorating...decking the halls.
By the time Christmas Eve arrives,
all will be ready for the arrival of Christmas magic!
The kids and grandangels arrive with their gorgeously wrapped boxes
and the little wee ones listen for sleighbells.
Oh the excitement!!
I just love an old fashioned country Christmas.
It's Christmastime, y'all!!!

Blessings
*****Yaya*****





3 comments:

philben5 said...

Everything is just gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for sharing..
Blessings
Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Your home is so beautiful and ready for a wonderful Christmas!

Thanks for showing all of us around!
-Kim

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and thanks for visiting my little place beneath my Southern sky.
Merry Christmas and many blesings.
Yaya