Monday, September 29, 2008

Greek Windows

I am always drawn to windows.....
Closed shutters behind beautiful wrought iron.....
I wonder who lives here.....
I wonder if the inside is as beautiful as the outside.....
An open window in Athens gives you many pleasures.....
Pleasures of the senses that feed the soul.....
The smell of bread baking.....
The clopping of horse hooves and the sound of a carriage.....
Church bells ringing every half hour.....
And birdsong.....
Never ending birdsong.....
Laughter.....
Children playing.....
Dishes clinking.....
And Greek.....
Of course it's Greek. We are in Greece.
An ancient land long before Christ.
Ancient and mystical.....
And it's all just outside my window.




I'm certain a real Greek yiayia lives here.....


















































I took this picture of this beautiful Greek window,
and all of a sudden,
the downstairs door opened
just as I, Yaya, and Papa passed by.
Out walked this young Greek-God looking man/boy,
in his black t-shirt and
white underwear.
He passed right in front of us
as he crossed the sidewalk
and walked over to the garbage dumpster
sitting on the crub of his street.
He dropped in a small bag of garbage.
Why, I was STUNNED! SHOCKED!
I turned to Papa
and I said,
"did you see that"?!?!
He said, "what"?
ROFL

Blessings
*****Yaya*****