Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pleasures of the Morning

Hello little bird. I heard you tapping on my door. Surely you do not want in. What might you be thinking in that little bird brain?
Well look at you, little bird. I do believe you would join me for breakfast, should I open the French door...or do you see your own reflection and now you are in love? I wonder about you, for you have been here everyday now for at least a week.

An early morning, gentle rain fell and kissed the roses.
"Gazing on beautiful things acts on my soul, which thirst for heavenly light."
Michelangelo


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This bird wants in. It's an Eastern Towhee (formerly known as a Rufous-sided Towhee), Pipilo erythrophthalmus. It's a male and their call, according to birders is "drink your teeeeee". lol You can hear their call and see a photo on Wikipedia.com.